Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, August 08, 2005

O MARY

In her diary, Blessed Faustina Kowalska gives this prayer that leads to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
.
O MARY
O Mary, Immaculate Virgin,
Pure crystal for my heart,
You are my strength, O sturdy anchor!
You are the weak heart's shield and protection.
.
O Mary, you are pure, of purity incomparable;
At once both Virgin and Mother,
You are beautiful as the sun, without blemish,
And your soul is beyond all comparison.
.
Your beauty has delighted the eye of the Thrice-Holy One.
He descended from heaven, leaving His eternal throne.
And took Body and Blood of your heart
And for nine months lay hidden in a Virgin's Heart.
.
O Mother, Virgin, purest of all lilies,
Your heart was Jesus' first tabernacle on earth.
Only because no humility was deeper than yours
Were you raised above the choirs of Angels and above all Saints.
.
O Mary, my sweet Mother,
I give you my soul, my body, and my poor heart.
Be the guardian of my life,
Especially at the hour of my death, in the final strife.
.
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home