Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, September 05, 2005

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

So many blogs have links to get you to donate to what ever agency you feel fits with your politics and religion. Anything I would add would be overkill. This is a tragedy of Biblical proportions. We are all called to do what the Holy Spirit guides us to do. This terrible tragedy will take years, perhaps decades to alleviate. I will not be pointing fingers at anyone, but will only deal with what I have to do in this instance. 20/20 hindsight is just that, a look to the past for what might have been or could have been done. I preferr that we not make the same mistakes over again, but unless we learn from those mistakes we are indeed doomed to repeat them. I continue to do my meager part in using my talents to knit for the very small preemies, will be sending a quilt top and back to get finished to give to a wounded soldier, and will be knitting washcloths and sending either $.50 per cloth or a bar of soap with each. I will be making a donation of my beautiful clapotis to the give-a-little effort. So very many wonderful knitters, crocheters and crafters have donated so much to the effort. I will do my part as God allows. It may not be much, but it is something and those little bits add up. May God Bless us and may we bless God!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home