Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, October 07, 2005

BEING HERE

October 3 we celebrated #2's re-birthday. His godmother and godfather gifted him a very special John Paul II black bead rosary. What a very special soul we have in that boy! I tell my boys that they are warriors for LIFE since God chose for them to be born in a time and place where they had a chance for life. I don't believe in coincidence. God's timing is perfect time.
I gifted myself some birch and bamboo needles just cause life is too short not to try good tools for knitting. I started a scarf for Carolyn that she requested and I really am surprised by how warm the needles feel. They seem a little more rough than the aluminum, but not bad. The clicking sound is a little more muffled, but that's not bad either. Don't know when I'll get to the bamboo yet, but soon. I feel the need to work up a few more pumpkin hats for The Preemie Project Pumpkin Push. The deadline for sending them is next Friday.
There is a lot going on and my schedule is filling up. I'm so thankful that we finally got our kitchen linoleum in. I'm planning on having a bake/craft/rummage sale next month, so need to put a lot more time into making that happen. I just get such satisfaction in making the little hats and booties, and washcloths for Cloths For Katrina that it's hard to stop and do anything else, even blog!
Hope you enjoy the pictures of my sweet blessings. I am so humbled to be the mother of such loving children!
Today we celebrate the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. What a beautiful and simple prayer. I wish everyone would pray at least one hail Mary a day for the poor souls in pergatory, for peace, or for the end to the culture of death that surrounds us. If we only knew the good that our prayers do!!! I humbly invite you to pray with me...
Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed are you among women and
Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now and
At the hour of our death. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home