Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, December 02, 2005

'TIS THE SEASON

Thursday mornings are usually set aside for the Cornerstone Bible Study Group. Michael was in his first public performance with the rest of the children who's mothers go to this fine group of holy women. He wanted to get things started and appeared to conduct the group with a one, two, three and sing. So cute, but alas no camera. I'm so thankful he has such a happy disposition:) My sweet chubs! A white or red carnation was put on the seat of the mother's of the children. Red and white were my wedding colors, so I just loved this!
Daniel decorated the wreath while visiting grandma. He declared it done though I suggested he fill it in a bit more. He chose to go minimalistic. OK. It's his creation and it's just fine.
Today is first Friday which means the Apostolate of Holy Motherhood. We had many attend to pray the rosary and fellowship with one another. Thank you so much JoAnn for asking me to be a part of this group. I have been truely blessed by this. JoAnn passed out St. Andrews' prayer which is to be offered 15 times daily from November 29th until Christmas Day. Better a late start than never. Here is the prayer:
*******
Hail and Blessed
be the Hour and the
Moment in which the
Son of God
was born of the
Most Pure Virgin Mary,
at Midnight, in Bethlehem,
in Piercing Cold!
In the Hour, Vouchsafe, O My
God, to hear my prayer and grant
my petition, through the merits of
Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of
His Most Holy Mother. Amen.
*******
Today I was also gifted by my secret pal gal!:D You may not be able to see everything too clearly, but in the box was a pretty magnetic note pad, some pretty Mary Engelbreit magnets; some Starbucks vanilla flavored after coffee mints (which are delightful); some organic chocolate truffles :D; pretty purple bamboo knitting needles (#4); blue size G/6 and L/11 bamboo crochet hooks; 2 balls of beautiful purple Rowan wool cotton; and 1 skein lushious dark purple Crystal Palace cotton chenille! THANK YOU SO MUCH SECRET PAL!!! Everything is just fabulous!! I have really enjoyed receiving these goodies from you! THANK YOU AGAIN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home