Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

SOME THOUGHTS ON PRAYER

St. Francis de Sales when asked how he prayed, replied: "I cannot say it too often--I receive gracefully whatever the Lord sends me. If He consoles me, I kiss the right hand of his mercy; if I am dry and destracted, I kiss the left hand of His justice." This method is the only good one, for as the same Saint says; "He who truly loves prayer, loves it for the love of God; and he who loves it for the love of God, wishes to experience in it naught but what God is pleased to send him." Now, whatever you may experience in prayer, is precisely what God wills.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
God requires efforts on our part, but not success.
***********************
"We are obliged not only to bear with the failings of our neighbor, but likewise with our own and to be patient at the sight of our imperfections." We must try to correct ourselves, but we should do it tranquilly and without anxiety. We cannot become angels before the proper time.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said to me: My grace is sufficient for thee: for power is made perfect in infirmity. Gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home