Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

D IS FOR...

My darlin' Daniel is a delight.
The Douay-Rheims Bible is the version Mother Angelica uses on EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network) which is celebrating 25 years on air.
D is also for decalogue better known as the Ten Commandments:
1. I am the LORD your God; you shall not have strange Gods before me.
2. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the LORD's Day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.
D is also for devotion. I have made a definite decision to pray the rosary every day, a series of prayers that entail saying Hail Mary's in groups of decades. I have a devotion to Our Lady and the Holy family. I desire to delight in the LORD and to do good works.
D is also sadly for delay in posting. Michael has been and is still sick with a bad cold:-(
Doris Day is also a favorite actress, and I don't feel like a dork for saying so!:~p
Hey! D is also for duct tape! The north side WalMart SuperCenter is reported to sell the most duct tape in the nation. WooHoo for duct tape the fix it fast tool for those like Red Green and company. It's in a variety of colors now. I saw somewhere where a creative gal made her dress and her date's suit from duct tape. Now that's a handy gal!
D is also for dominos. My brother and I spent hours setting them up and knocking them down.
And last but not least D is for delicious dessert of DingDongs. :~D

2 Comments:

  • At 6:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I had forgotten about "the Red Green show." I used to catch it every so often, and it was always good for a laugh. I have actually seen duct tape in a camoflauge print! It's too funny.

    I admire your devotion to saying the rosary daily. I became a Catholic in 1995, after my husband and I were married. I really feel like there were a lot of "Catholic" things that weren't covered in my RCIA classes...and I've never really "learned" how to pray the rosary. Guess that it's time to learn. ;)

     
  • At 6:58 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Interesting fact about Duct Tape...who knew?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home