Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

F IS FOR....

F is for my fur clad favorite feline in the whole world. Fresh flowers are also very welcome to enjoy in this fabulous weather we've enjoyed on and off for a while now.
I'm a firstborn and only daughter. Turning forty two years old tomorrow is not a big deal like other birthdays, and I'm really feeling ok with it. It's a part of the journey and I feel really fortunate to be celebrating each day here. My health is not the best, but I am hoping to get better as I get older. (Should F be for fantasy?!)
Faith, family, and friends are a big deal to me and having fun is a very necessary feature as well.
Flag Day is very special to me since it is my second son's birthday. The flag which symbolizes freedom (as opposed to license) is something I cherish and pray it flys high forever!
The story of Fatima is a very important part of the unfolding Catholic experience. I remember for many years studying the lives of the saints and about Mary and what 'those' Catholics thought was so special. After reading about Fatima I felt really cheated by the mainstream media. Why, this was a very important story! Why wasn't it getting better press! (Duh, the father of lies is in control of the world.) During the time of the miracle of the sun there were skeptics in the crowd, but afterwards they were believers. Let's face it there are amazing and awe inspiring things that happen on a daily basis everywhere. I guess it depends on what filters we see the world through. Do we see things with faith vision or sad self serving eyes?
So I guess to finish up this post, F is for fish frys on Fridays in Lent. Yum! I love fish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home