Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

SPRING BREAK

I love spring! The kids are home and we have a guest, one of Eric's buddies is spending a few days and then Eric will spend some time with him at his house. They are having a good time, but Daniel being six years younger gets in the way sometimes and it's SO hard for him:( It won't be so long before it will be Daniel saying that Michael is in his way. So I try to do things just with him. Daniel likes to go to the yarn store and use their swift and ball winder. He says he wants to work there someday. OK. As long as you can get an employee discount:) Michael is enjoying the added madness another 12 year old boy can add. He has been climbing and getting into my needles. With a smile like his it's hard to tell him no, so I sometimes let him hold a crochet hook when he's on my lap. Who knows, maybe someday he'll be a crocheting man?! My Grandma Josephine used to tell me that when he was younger my dad, aunt Doris and Grandma used to embroider and he would do the best work.
The first cross stitch I did was from a kit that my Sunday school teacher Linda gave me one year. I love it still!
The John 3:16 plaque is one my Grandma Josephine had up near the phone at her house where I grew up. It's a special momento and beautiful holy reminder.
Blogger has been having problems or I would have blogged for St. Patrick's Day. I took Eric and Daniel last Friday to St. Joseph's for the soup supper, stations of the cross, and something new, family movie night. The feature was The Ledgend Of St. Patrick. It was a good time and Dad and Michael got to spend quality time too.
I've been working on Dulaan hats, but a call for last minute angels put me back at The Preemie Project knitting at full speed. I'm getting a package together to send at the end of the month and want to get it as full as I can. The need for white booties is the greatest. Also, since the addition of the Michigan chapter which will be going to TWO hospitals, they need some items to get their first donation up to par. They will be staggering the donations. The next scheduled donation for Michigan is in April, then May is for the Iowa chapter, then June is for Michigan, and so on. I am hosting the contest for boy outfits until May 1. It's a sad statistic that boys have a higher mortality rate than girls. Girl outfits are easy and fun to make, but the need for boy outfits is greaterand harder to find, so I proposed a contest to get more boy outfits. There will be really nice prizes for the winner. The amount of outfits sent in is the number of chances to win in the random drawing. It will be exciting to see how many are sent in.
Hope everyone has a wonderful and warm week!
PS. I changed the Iowa and Michigan months and now the post is accurate. Thanks Laura for pointing it out. Anyone who wants to join The Preemie Project yahoo group for the contest, you won't be sorry!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I love Spring too. I think it's my favorite season. Great work on TPP sets and the Dulaan hat!

     
  • At 8:08 PM , Blogger Lulu said...

    i just made a few preemie blankies and hats for my childrens hospital..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home