Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

JUST FOR FUN

FIFTEEN FAVORITE MOVIES I COULD (AND HAVE) WATCHED OVER AND OVER (thanks for asking Wendy)
1. Blazing Saddles (so much fun to watch)
2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (ah,memories)
3. Funny Farm (the only Chevy Chase movie I like)
4. Groundhog Day (how many years did it take for him to finally "get it"?)
5. Logan's Run (love the man with the cats)
6. Soapdish (tickles my funnybone)
7. The African Queen (so sad they don't make them like that anymore!)
8. The Big Chill (like the soundtrack)
9. The Blues Brothers (like the soundtrack)
10. The Day The Earth Stood Still (staighten up and fly right or my robot will destroy you!)
11. The Passion Of The Christ (watch it every Good Friday, way to go Mel!)
12. The Princess Bride (withstands the test of time)
13. The Quiet Man (just a lovely film!)
14. The Song Of Bernadette (I love this saint for her simplicity, humility and stamina)
15. Young Frankenstein (oh, too funny!)
These are not in order of importance, just movies I have watched over and over. Some are special because they remind me of happy times in my past and some I just like cause they make me happy in some way. I love all the old Martin and Lewis films and really I'm a sucker for old romance films. I think the old Frankenstein film is still an excellent example of a cautionary tale of what happens when man plays God. In a house full of males ANYTHING with Monty Python is watched. I've watched all the Star Wars films and all the Lord of the Rings. The first Matrix film is my favorite of that trilogy. I watch Shirley Temple films and LOVE The Little Princess. When Norm and I first dated we would go with another couple to a local university when they would show foreign films with subtitles. I really enjoyed that. The boys and I really like The Pirates Of The Carribean movie and are looking forward to the next one. So what are YOUR favorite movies?

2 Comments:

  • At 5:55 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Your list contains a lot of comedy. My list would be mostly sappy and sentimental.

     
  • At 2:10 PM , Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

    Good list .. have seen most of those many times myself, and absolutely love the Quiet Man

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home