Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Sunday, July 23, 2006


Another Snowman Hat But With French Knots For Coal
I used US size 6 needles and CO 50. Used Caron Simply Soft yarn in blue, white, green, orange and black. Did 6 rows of ribbing K1, P1 in blue. Changed to white and did 12 rows of stockenette stitch (K1 row, P1 row). Changed to green and did 6 rows of ribbing K1, P1. Next 1 row K, 1 row P. Next row K2tog across. P next row. K2tog next row, then another P row. Cut yarn and draw in through remaining sts and sew the back up. Weave in ends. For the nose I used US size 3 needles and CO7 sts. Bound them off and attached the carrot nose. Using black yarn I attached to the back of the nose and made French Knots where the eyes and mouth would be then wove in the black yarn in the green hat. I used tiny black buttons on the other one. Am thinking on making the hat on the snowman a bit more pointed. I think anyone who wants to try this should just HAVE FUN and see what YOU can come up with:D

1 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Thanks so much for sharing this pattern! I'll give it a try and see what I come up with. I think a pointy hat would be really cute.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home