Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, July 31, 2006


P Is For Piece Of Pumpkin Pie Please!
I love pumpkin pie any time of the year. When I was growing up (and out) my Grandma Josephine was known in our neck of the woods for the fried apple pies she would take as a gift to the family who lost a loved one. She made either a pie , cake or cookies for us almost everyday. It's really no wonder I grew to be so big. My Grandma was a very good cook!!! I don't do so much baking for my guys. They're just as happy to have a Hershey's chocolate bar as an after meal treat as anything. Sometimes I just get a hankerin' for a piece of pumpkin pie though. Pecan pies are wonderful too, but for several years they have just been too rich to really enjoy, so I just don't have any. At least with pumpkin pie I feal like I get a little bit of nutrition than if I had a cookie or piece of cake. Sometimes pie just does the trick. Have a piece? Oh, and don't forget to say a prayer for peace! Thanks:P

1 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM , Blogger Nana Sadie said...

    MANY prayers for peace! And that pie looks good - how can you stand to bake in this heat? :)
    (I love pumpkin pie, too..and now I'm craving it...)
    (((Hugs)))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home