Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Thursday, August 17, 2006


My First Quilt To Cut And Handsew
It was so much fun to get into my Grandma's stash! My dad had made a HUGE chest for my Grandma to put her quilts in and her massive stash upon. It took up one corner in "the cold room" which eventually became my room, at least in warmer weather. I tried to use every different material she had in it. I was about seventeen when I hand cut and stitched this together. I still don't "hand quilt" and my Grandma rarely did either, so we just sent this out to get machine quilted. I still like it and have used it as a quilt, tablecloth and picnic quilt. It's a bit freyed in some spots, but is still usable.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home