Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I HAVE STARTITIS

Yep, it's hit again. I have several things started on the needles just for the fun of it and the fun of variety.
I LOVE this time of year! So many craft shows to see and get inspired by.
The next mail by date to The Preemie Project is October 20 for the pumpkin push items as well as the normal set of items. I don't feel as pressured to get more pumpkin sets out since I started early and am doing some Christmas/Holiday sets as well.
I got exited about the Dulaan Project again after reading their post so I started a simple sweater in my favorite 100% wool Cascade 220. I scored some Cottontots at WM on sale and, since Laura at The Preemie Project said they had enough cloths there, am working on some cloths for Cloths For Crisis. It's such a nice soft cotton in such a nice pretty color that it's perfect for a child. If you make enough of these simple squares you could sew them together to make a nice soft blanket for a child. It's great that we haven't had that bad of a hurricane season so far, but I want to be ready to send cloths to who ever needs them most. I have a lot of cotton to work with and am making some cool cloths for teacher gifts and setting them aside for now.
One of the members at Cloths For Crisis is asking knitters and crocheters for help in building a house in Mississippi. Her blog is here if you are interested in reading about her endeavor.
There's a lot to get done around here, so I'd better get back to it. Maybe I'll start a sweater for ME!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home