Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

PETTY THEFT

This Friday after school I took the boys to Springfield's Incredible Pizza. It's not one of my favorite places, but I let the kids decide this time where we would eat out. After we had done eating and the boys had played on enough games we headed out and there was Norm coming in. Since he's been working OT and going to night school we have seen precious little of him the past couple of weeks. Of course the boys wanted to stay and play some more and Michael had had his fill so he and I were going to go home. Get out to the car and the car seat is missing. I go back in to ask if Norm had put it in the van. No he had not. Someone stole our carseat. Great! There's no video survelance and no way to get it back so no point in calling the police. I take Eric with me to ride in back with Michael to see that he stays strapped in while we go home and after Norm has his supper he and Daniel go to get a new car seat. I just think it's so pathetic that someone stole our carseat! I think it was the devil's way of trying to disturb me. Michael and I had gone to the Apostolate of Holy Motherhood meeting which meets on every first Friday and we had so many women and their children there as well as a young man who is heading toward the priesthood. It was a good prayer time. You know that you are on the right track when these petty things happen to try to steel your peace that Christ gives you. The devil did NOT steel anything that couldn't be replaced. Praise God for His infinite mercy!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM , Blogger Lulu said...

    thats terrible, but i have seen lots of these sensless acts..

     
  • At 5:43 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Glad they didn't steal your car. A carseat sounds like such a strange thing to take.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home