Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, September 11, 2006

THE PREEMIE PROJECT GETS A MENTION

The story is titled "Remembering 9/11: A Gesture For The Future".
Five years ago this morning my husband and I were home while our new stove was being installed. We had the television on the Today Show when the news broke. It was just a terrible nightmare that was being played out live on the television! How many tears and how many prayers were said because of those terrible events! My reaction was to knit. I knit MANY 7" x 9" squares for the Warm Up America project. I believe I made enough for a dozen afghans. It was something I could do to help. There are times when I can't take watching another news broadcast. Things are happening to people that are SO HORRIFIC and I just end up crying and feeling bad and I know this about myself, I HAVE TO make things better!! If I can't do anything about a situation then I just as soon not hear about it. It's very therapeutic to fast from the television news. But when I hear about some way I can help I WANT TO!!!
The Preemie Project has sure come a long way in a year's time. It was a little over a year ago that the first donation was made and now it has grown by leaps and bounds. Take a look at the pictures of the items donated! It's such a worthwhile cause and so easy to make up a little hat or bootie set. Even using up small leftover balls of soft yarn can be made into a much needed blanket. Even if it's only one tiny hat, that's one little head that needs help in keeping warm. Many of the very tiny babies can't regulate their own body temperatures. The gesture of a stranger wanting to do something for my babies meant a lot to me. So I do what I can to give back. It's a passion I have and I hope you consider doing something for The Preemie Project or really something nice for any number of charities we have in our great nation. There's much to be done, but it doesn't have to be done all at once, just one stitch and a prayer at a time:D
God bless you and God bless America!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home