Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD...

We who belong to the Yahoo group The Preemie Project are mourning with it's founder at the death of her premature nephew. She asks prayers for Noah Matthew Aker and his family who have suffered much in these past few months so I ask all who read this to please pray for this family.
I often think of Job during loss. His words are "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord!" How do we get to the point where we can say, "not my will, but thine be done"? Is it so simple a choice? I know, for me, I struggle every time something like this happens. I've suffered a LOT of loss in my life. I've battled depression, abuse, loss of health, disappointment, and had to deal with premature births, bankruptsy, and the unknown. All I know is that the ONLY THING that has gotten me through much of it is the belief that there is indeed a God. He IS all good and merciful. God IS alive and well, but we must seek Him out. Angels are real and we have indeed had angelic intervention especially with our boys. God answers every prayer. Sometimes the answer is "no".
I read the Bible because I believe it contains the words of life. I carry my cross daily. I choose to love and though it isn't easy, I believe that even when God says "no", it isn't because He is heartless, but because He sees through eternal eyes and knows what is best for us. Here is an article about the Catholic church's teaching about unbaptised infants who die and supposedly go to limbo. I had a baby brother Jimmy Lee who was born too soon and died without being baptised. I believe that God makes it possible for their little souls to be in heaven. We were sorely chastised when we didn't immediately get our first two baptised in the hospital, so we made sure to have Michael baptised the day after he was born. We could have had a nice ceremony for him afterwards but really we didn't think it necessary. Anyway I'm rambling. I am basically an optomistic person, which has helped me during the darkest times. I am not on any medication for depression though there are times that I'm sure it could have helped. It was a surprise to me that there were saints who battled depression as well, so I guess there is hope for me yet;P
Count your blessings and let people know they matter. We all struggle through this valley of tears, so be kind. It doesn't cost anything to smile:D

2 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM , Blogger Norma said...

    Please send a hug to this lady on my behalf and assure her that I have payed for she and her family.

     
  • At 6:18 AM , Blogger Lana said...

    Thanks Norma! I've sent your message and I'm certain that it's very much appreciated:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home