Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, November 20, 2006

GIVING UNTO OTHERS

Well I've got to the point in the Einstein coat where I'll be working on sleeves, but first I must knit unto others. It will be a nice break from all that black!
I finished some meathead hats. The pattern was adjusted to make a small/medium hat and I ended up with 9 yards left of the Lamb's Pride. The Lotus Pink hat I embellished by using precut tulle circles and making a yo yo and adding a pink button. The Deep Pine hat I put a premade bow. Look how Christmasy and festive! The scunci barrett is prettier than the picture makes it out to be. Any barrett would be a pretty addition. The appliques are some I had already and they look nice. Instead of using heat to fuse them I used Bond 527 multi-purpose cement. At a beading class I took long ago the lady who taught us used it quite a bit as she would make costumes for entertainers in Branson.
I've also got one of the red scarfs I'll be finishing during these two weeks of intensive giving. One of the members in Cloths For Crisis alerted us to this opportunity to make some 7" squares for some people who are entering Habitat For Humanity homes. I love giving squares as it makes it so special for everyone. Most people can afford to send a square or two and when all the squares come together it makes such a lovely symbol of united caring. It's one of the really good things about the internet community, knitters and crocheters especially. We can reach out to one another when there is a need. Isn't it a nice thing to be needed and know you can make a difference in the lives of people. It's one of the many things I'm thankful for.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger firefly said...

    Thank you so much for mentioned Gracious Parcels here on your blog. The help is so much apprecaited.

    ~firefly

     
  • At 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's always rewarding to knit for others. Keep up the good work.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home