Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, January 05, 2007

FIRST POST OF THE NEW YEAR

Good gravy! Five days into the new year and what have you been up to? Here we are still having a good time with the boys being on winter break. It's been a lot of fun and I've found time to knit a few preemie hat/booties, knit on a blanket and knit on a size 12 sweater for Dulaan. The scarves for the Red Scarf Project will be mailed tomorrow.
Margene has links to some fun KALs. I'll be trying to get some fun fur hats made for Kate's contest for kids fighting cancer. What else would I do with the fun fur in my stash??? As far as making resolutions go I guess it's safer and more realistic to make some goals.
Like:
*finish the black Einstein coat before end of March
*make at least 5 preemie hat/bootie sets a month
*make at least one scarf and hat for Dulaan per month
*work on cotton cloths after Dulaan deadline
*take a month out to mainly sew
*make Christmas ornaments on the 25th of each month
*use up fun fur for chemo caps for kids
*not sure where I read it, but making one healthy change a month sounds like a realistic and very doable goal. I think this month I'll focus on getting my sleep schedule more regimented. It's going to be a little tough as I do most of my knitting at early morning and at night, but I think it will be healthier to get to bed at a decent hour.
Whatever you do, making resolutions or goals I hope we will all succeed in 2007 in the most important area...seeking first the kingdom of God:D
God bless you!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You've set some wonderful goals. If anyone can get it done, you can! Do you plan to make anything for yourself this year besides finishing the Einstein coat?

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow! I thought I had a lot of knitty resolutions! Sounds like you've got a good plan, though. Have a blessed 2007!

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy New Year to you too, Lana! I pray your year is filled with all things Good and of God. I always enjoy coming to visit you here (and now I have a place of my own, too!). Congratulations on your goals. I will enjoy watching you meet each and every one of them this year.

     
  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger Nana Sadie said...

    Happy New YEAR!!!
    (((hugs)))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home