Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, January 07, 2011

And Now...



Michael has been sick with flu and Norm and I have a cold. It has not been the way we wanted to spend the new year! Michael is on the mend thankfully but Norm and I are still suffering. We hope we do not get what dear Michael has had!
I have decided that I need some new tea towels and so I bought a dozen at Sam's Club and have washed and stamped them. I hope to finish at least one a month.
The book I am enjoying right now is so timely and uplifting. I've had it on the bookshelf for some time now and feel that it was my guardian angel who has brought it to my attention so that I can be comforted in this time of life. The company that Norm has worked for is closing shop so he will be unemployed soon. This is not unexpected. We are trusting in God and trying not to worry.
I'm working on a couple of blue blankets still and want to finish up my sweater by the end of this month. It is amazing to me that we are at the end of the first week of another year. Time keeps accelerating. Maybe Indiana Jones was right, "it's not the years, it's the mileage."
Hoping everyone is well and starting 2011 on a very positive note. (Psalms 36:3 Trust in the Lord, and do good, and dwell in the land, and thou shalt be fed with its riches.)

2 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    Hope you guys get well soon! I like the towels too.

     
  • At 7:19 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I hope no one else gets the flu and you all feel better soon.

    I stitched the same "Gardening Day" towel several years ago. I have it hanging in my laundry room. It will be fun to see what stitches you use for yours. I kept my fairly simple.

    Praying that God will send a job opportunity to your family soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home