Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, April 08, 2011

Another Finished Blanket

This blanket is made with donated Sirdar Denim Sport Aran yarn 60% acrylic, 25% cotton, and 15% wool. Using US10 needles I co 220 sts and knit 20 rows making 10 ridges and then k1 row and p1 row until I came to the end of the 5th skein. I attached the next skein and then k1 row and p1 row for 10 rows and then knit 20 rows and then bound off. There was not much left of the 6th skein after this. It measures 64" in length and 42" in width. This one will go to Comforts from the Heart, a group that meets up at Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton and then carpools to The American Legion on the first and third Tuesdays of the month.
I've been working on and off on this blanket for some time, so no I'm not an ultra fast knitter. I've decided that since I'm going to have to buy Ivory soaps to go with any cloths I knit up I'm going to stop at 60 cloths and then just make up some more blankets with what cotton yarn I have left over.
Will be sending graduation announcements for #1 son who will graduate high school on May 17. Time has surely flown swiftly!!
I came across my "Life Is Worth Living" book by Fulton J. Sheen. It's an enjoyable read so far.
Hope your Lenten journey is bearing good fruit.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM , Blogger Z said...

    I'm not a fast knitter either.

    I just kind of mosey along, and figure it will get finished when it gets finished.

    Actally, I'm kind of like that when I walk to. I'll get there when I get there. I like to stop and smell the roses.

    Anyway, a very nice blanket. It would look good on a couch kind of as a throw too.

    Have a great evening!

     
  • At 6:48 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    There are a lot of stitches in this blanket. Nice work!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home