Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

February Chill

Well, here we are in the shortest month of the year. I have been dreading, as always, working on burial buntings. So I just dive in and work on these little things trying not to think too much about what these will be used for.  I think of my baby brother Jimmy Lee Gramtham who was born and died July 1968 in Memphis, TN.  I never got to see him.  His body was donated for science research.  I like to think that he helped my preemies to be able to live.
I also think about the person(s) who made the shroud that covered Jesus in the tomb. I believe the Shroud of Turin is that of our Saviour.
Apparently we will have six more weeks of winter since the groundhog saw his shadow.  Who else is ready for Spring?!
Am trying to figure out how best to celebrate Lent.  I sometimes make the burial buntings then but since we will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima, something else is in order.
Am praying for many people who are fighting various cancers.
Won't you please say a prayer too.  Thank you!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home