Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Time to Think of Others

The day was gorgeous oh God, thank you for so many blessings!!! This trip to the park we had a picnic and it was the first time since having Michael that we all felt well enough to go as a family. The view was wonderful and though the ankles swelled as they are wont to do, I just enjoyed my precious family.
The photo of St. Therese and the huge rose called Mr. Lincoln ( the only surviving rose I planted after being married) is special because St. Therese promised a shower of roses as she promised to do her heaven doing good on earth and I believe she does just that. Too bad the camera just doesn't do the actual rose justice. And the odor is most appealling. My mil has a devotion to St. Therese the Little Flower, and I'd like to honor her as well. In the background is another kleenex cosy. I'll be selling some this fall I hope.
I've added and deleted some links. Check out Daily Stitches and those marvelous quilts! So much talent out there in blog-land and we are priveleged to be able to share our talents with others in this medium. The blogs like Wendy Knits and others who use their talents for the good of others is an inspiration.
I leave this post with one of my favorite litanies. I hope it becomes one of yours as well! God Bless you all!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:03 AM , Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

    Lana, I would have e-mailed this to you but I couldn't find your e-mail address. Anyway, you would be perfect for this web ring! Catholic stitchers

    Tell your other friends too! This ring is just getting started so it would be fun to watch it get off of the ground!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home