Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

THE QUESTIONNAIRE 4 SP6

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I started out on Red Heart and am just now discovering the wonders of wool, silk, cotton and bamboo. I feel all fibers have their place. I've even knitted a top using strips of cotton material. I am getting to appreciate the finer fibers but will knit just for the sake of knitting!
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I spin around my children not on a wheel! HAHA! I do only a little crochet. The fanciest I've done is a granny square afgan.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I don't have any allergies except I cannot abide the smell of smoke!
4. How long have you been knitting?
I learned to knit when I was about 10 years old from a lady in 4H. So, that means I've been knitting for over 30 years on and off!!!
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I'm working on that right now and will post a link shortly.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love vanilla scented candles and Calgon (any scent) takes me away!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Oh, YES! Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, PLEASE! But I also get a hankering for sweettarts too.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
For years I was on a cross stitch kick and I wouldn't mind getting back to some except I'm too busy with my charity knitting! I sew, but it's not my favorite thing to do.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have a wide and varied like of music. I like Dolly Pardon, the Bee Gee's, the Monkee's, Abba, Amy Grant, {Contemporary Christian, bluegrass, blues, jazz, classical, show tunes, rock, country } I'm easy to please as far as music goes.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love burgandy, white and blue. I love green too.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a wonderful husband and we'll celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary on Nov. 21. I also have three blessings Eric 12, Daniel 6 and Michael 1. We have a cat that looks like a black and white cow named Gweneviere who is 13 years old.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know).
I am living my dream. Just don't have the $$$ to do everything I want! (ie, travel extensively and have my own business crafting and baking) Besides that, I want to see my children and grandchildren provided for and have them live out their dreams.
13. What is/are you favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love to work with Cascade 220 and the bamboo I got is so soft and silky!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Any thing that is scratchy.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Charity knitting for the Preemie Project, Cloths for Katrina, and Dulaan Project.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I'd say the preemie hats are IT things right now.
17. What are you knitting now?
Currently working on Cloths for Katrina charity.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I like them on other people.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I like to use straight mainly, but have some circs too.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have not used bamboo, and don't care that much for plastic, so aluminum is what I basically use.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
No and I'm not sure I'd better get into it. It appears to be highly addictive:)
22. How did you learn to knit?
Like I said before 4H.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
It's only a few hours old! HAHA!
24. What is you favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I like most cartoons (occupational hazzard). I really have a soft spot for cats of all kinds and I love Cardinals and chickadees!
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Easter
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides dust bunnies? I collect knitting books, Marie Osmond dolls, Catholic statues and pictures and things Americana.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Only The Yarn Harlots newest, The Mason-Dixon gals, and Wendy Knits when it comes out. I have more listed on the Amazon Wish List.
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for on reason or another?
I would like to try the One Skein Wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home