Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

SECRET PAL AND BAMBOO

Today I got my first yummies and kindness from someone in Albuquerque. Some Chile Cheese Bread Mix and some Guacamole Dip Mix for sustanance wilst I work away on the cute knit kit for some preemie knitting. A lovely card to send good wishes my way. What a lovely package of wonderful goodies from my sweet secret pal! Thank you again SP!!!
I could hardly wait to try the bamboo needles so I got my BAM BOO yarn and started on a scarf. Laura had the same idea and knit herself one in pink. I was intrigued by yarn made of bamboo and perchased some a while back. The package lists some reasons to knit with bamboo: *exciting new renewable fiber source (cool!), *silky hand and drape (it is too!), *colors look beautiful in bamboo fiber (it is pretty), *naturally antibacterial fiber (very cool especially for this time of year), and *non-allergenic (good!). The color I have is #4915, is 100% bamboo, 77 yards per 50 gram skein. 5 sts/inch on size US7 needles. Hand wash cold, dry flat. I'm liking this organic stuff even though it wants to split a bit I don't have to wrangle it much.
What a nice day this has been for me, but my heart and prayers go out to everyone who is experiencing these awful natural disasters. From The Happy Catholic site I came across this site about offering things up. This has been a new concept for me, but it's nice to know with all the truely terrible things that have happened to me that it can be used for something good. I like that idea A LOT!! So much of this journey is a mystery. Being a curious person I like to know things you know. Taking certain things by faith can be difficult, but also very comforting. I get comfort in knowing that many others have gone before me and have wondered the same things and those saints have had to endure so many sorrows too. Yes we have sorrows, but we also have joyful, luminous and glorious mysteries to ponder too.
Thank you God for being close to me when I have needed you most! Thank you for bringing me to this day and help me to always draw close to you. Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home