Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

STORM STORY

I was watching The Weather Channel and the sirens went off about 10:15pm last night. I saw where the tornado was coming our way and got Norm and the boys up to get into the tub. I put on some pants and shoes, put some pillows and quilts in the tub and gathered my purse, meds, crank radio, safety box, water for Michael, keys to the vehicles, the camera, the flash lights and some knitting to pass the time until the storm passed by us. Poor Eric thought it was time for him to get up for school. Daniel was all exited and was sad and going to miss his room (sigh!). Michael didn't quite know what to think. It was ok being in the tub, but it got hot being in there with his brothers. Eric had to go potty he was so scared. We said some prayers and tried to reassure them that no matter what, things were going to work out ok. We didn't have to live the what-ifs just what is now. Daniel was making wild conjectures as to what was going to happen and was also concerned for Carolyn, a lady Norm works with that he spent time with when I was in the hospital with Michael. He really loves her and was concerned for her. I tell you, he is a real sweetheart! We heard the hail hit the roof. It didn't last too long. The electricity flickered a time or two, but the lights remained on. Not a lot of rain heard. Norm went to check and brought back a couple of large pieces of hail. A little later I went out to check the vehicles for damage and close the back gate taking some pics along the way. I'm sure others weren't as lucky as we were. The night isn't over yet. I have until 4:00am for the all clear. But, hey it's my birthday so I should partayy alllll dayyyy! Yeah, right!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I saw the reports on the news and wondered if I knew anyone in the path of the storm. I'm glad to hear you are safe and were spared the damage I saw on TV.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home