Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Thursday, April 13, 2006


GATHER ME LORD!
When I was going through the RCIA program before joining the Catholic church, a woman named Andrea would talk about being "chicken" about confronting issues in her life. It just struck a cord with me. It reminded me of Luke 13:34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!"
How often do we not take heed of the prophets and turn off those sent by God? We can be a stubborn and arrogant people! Jesus is always ready for us to come to Him if we only would.
I cross stitched this as a gift to myself and a reminder that I want to be gathered under Christ's wing! It is a happy reminder too of the happy memories I have with the chickens my Grandma Josephine would raise. She woke my brother and I up one time by holding a baby chick up to our ears. What a neat way to be awakened! Peep! Peep! I miss having chickens! They were a lot of fun to just watch.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:17 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Anyone who has been around a mother hen and her chicks knows what a beautiful image Jesus was describing. How sad we sometimes do not allow Jesus to care for us. Thank you for sharing that scripture.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home