Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

TALK ABOUT FLASHING YOUR STASH!

Check this out! What a great poster that would make.
Busy with knitting for Dulaan and some more pumpkin hats for The Preemie Project (pics later).
Simply Fibers Ltd my LYS started their week long SALE Saturday night at 8pm and I got just a few things.
Cloths For Crisis has been quiet for a while, but someone broke the silence and we are all pumped to knit/crochet/weave some extra cloths for when (not if), the people who suffer loss during the hurrican season can have a handmade heartfelt gift from someone who cares. I have 14 done so far, but will continue to add a few a week. We have 51 members currently. Won't you concider joining and helping stockpile so people who need them will get them just that much quicker? Or make some for your local crisis center.
The Preemie Project has added a chapter in Michigan which goes to help two hospitals. It is SUCH a worthwhile cause and one which shows no sign of decreasing. A little hat or bootie set for God's littlest miracles hardly takes any time and it mean SO much to the families who go through this truly difficult trial.
Preemie hats, bootie sets and cotton cloths take about an hour each to do. I keep the patterns simple so I can pick up easily where I leave off, since Michael is getting into EVERYTHING. I get most of my knitting done when he's asleep. I also have insomnia at times which is good in one way and not so good in another.
#1 son and I went to confession the other day. It really feels so good to get things out in the open and know that my sins have been absolved. This sacrament is one that I found hard to embrace at first, but it has helped tremendously in my faith journey. I wish more Catholics would embrace it for the sacrament that it is. No I'm not perfect, but I'm working on walking the path that God has set before me to the best of my ability, keeping in mind "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13
PRAY FOR PEACE!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home