Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

JOYFUL JOURNAL

I used to keep a diary when I was a teenager, but so much that was written in it was so full of hurt and anger I destroyed it. I didn't want to remember any of it. Then when I was employed as a nanny, the previous woman had started a journal while watching baby B. and when I started watching him as a 20 month old boy his parents asked me to continue the journal. I didn't mind writing down what he did during the day, but I resented them wanting me to write in the same style as the previous woman. Anyways, it was a chore and when the next child came along of course a new journal had to be written in. I came to resent writing in journals.
If I died I wouldn't want people to read all the bad stuff that had happened to me. Sometimes when I stop to think about all the truely horrific things that have happened to me it makes me so sad, and I have battled depression before. It is only by the grace of God I am here today and I truely want to treasure life, 'cause I know God wants good things for me and only He could make something good from the c**p that went on in the past. "The Diary Of Anne Frank" was an inspiration as was "Man's Search For Meaning" by Victor Frankle. Both lived in the most horrific situations possible but still were able to see the good in people. I want to do the same. By nature I'm an optimist and it's served me well, all considered. So I want to have my J to stand for JOYFUL JOURNALING in this JOURNEY of life. Basically just counting blessings and believing in the promises of JESUS my savior. It isn't easy, but it IS rewarding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home