Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

TROPHYS

I'm so proud of the Little Cubbies for going undefeated their first season. Of course in due time they will certainly have to learn about losing gracefully, but it's nice they all played so well this time. Big thanks to their sponsor Glass Unlimited and their coaches Jacob Smith and Josh Thomason.
My trophy is the yarn I bought today at my LYS dyed by Sarah. Such beautiful colors!!! Get them while you can!!! Mine will be made into clapotis for me:D
I joined The Preemie Project Yahoo group a day after my third son's first birthday on August 30 of last year. I wanted to have a season of giving in thanksgiving for all the many blessings God has given us especially after the devistation that the hurricanes caused to SO MANY people. Since all my boys have been born premature it was a no brainer to join this group and try to see how much I could give back. When I was going through RCIA to learn more about the Catholic faith I met a remarkable woman who made the decision to give something away EVERY DAY. I've often wondered just how much a person could give and still have enough for their needs. I know I can't give a lot of money, but can do small things with great love. I save Campbell's soup labels and give them to St. Joseph Catholic School; pop tops for the Ronald McDonald House; I save Box Tops For Eduaction for Jeffries Elementary; I recycle; I knit for preemies; knit cloths; knit hats, scarfs and sweaters for the Dulaan Project; and try to find my place in this world where I can feel like I've given my best to God, my family, my neighbors, and this world. I feel a little clapotis is in order to celebrate this year of intense giveing. But this yarn is SO pretty and it needs to be worked up so Carol and I can see how it knits up:D

2 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM , Blogger Lulu said...

    thats so giving of you...when i learned to crochet, i didnt know what to do with all the blankets i had in mind to crochet..One day, i read on the net how you can crochet for charity and i never looked back..
    i love it and iknow you do too..Its a great way to help others..
    have a beautiful Sunday..

     
  • At 4:59 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    You have certainly found your place. Enjoy knitting a little something for yourself.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home