Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, September 04, 2006

LABOR DAY

What a sad story about Steve Irwin aka the crocodile hunter. So sad for his wife and two small children. So sad for the world. May God rest his soul and care for those he left behind.
In other news, I finished up the Twitterpated purse. I used Cascade 220 in a cream color, some happy fabric for lining that I had used on my son Daniel's quilt, and best of all I went to a second hand store where I bought a purse for $.75 which had two usable straps and used one for this purse. It's SO CUTE! I'll be making one in Cascade 220 in a pink color and give them to the two cute girls I made kitty caps for.
I'm also making hats and booties for The Preemie Project which always needs preemie items. They are now collecting store bought (new, used, ebay) preemie clothing. If you don't give to the Preemie Project please consider donating to your local hospital. Hey, just do something kind for a stranger who won't be able to repay you. It's a wonderful feeling and you won't be sad you did.
Well, back to the booties. Hug someone today:D God Bless!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM , Blogger Lulu said...

    i know, i heard about it while making my bed this morning..its so sad..I am praying for his family..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home