Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

HATS, BIBS, BOOTIES...





Here are some pictures of what I've been working on this weekend. The hat for afghans for Afghans is done:~D A large preemie hat/bootie set and some white large preemie booties are all sewn up with little heart button accents. Just need to weave in ends and sew on buttons for these bibs.
Was showing Norm the sweater pattern I intend to make Eric's sweater out of (Fall 2007 IK Cobblestone Pullover) and asked if that looked like something he would wear so...Norm will be getting a sweater for Christmas, God willing!
The temps have dropped this weekend and it's been a little wet, real sweater makin' weather. Too bad it's going to be up near 90 the next few days! We've all been snotting and coughing around here since school has begun. I usually make the boys wash their hands first thing when they get home, so don't know if it's a cold or allergies.
Eric has gone to see the Cardinals play at Hammons Field with some buddies at school the past two evenings. He's been such a big help around the house he deserved some fun just for him with no little brothers to tag along.
The month is half over and there are so many things I want to get accomplished! It is sometimes difficult to acknowledge our own shortcomings, but the fact is I probably won't get everything done that I'd like. Maybe I should just forgive myself and say the Serenity Prayer:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as the pathway to peace. Taking as Jesus did this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will; that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen.~Reinhold Niebuhr
Have a great week!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 6:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Your site remains one of my all time favorites. I appreciate the uplifting and encouraging tone of all of your post. Thank you for that.

     
  • At 12:12 PM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    Great post and great pictures. I think you do great to get as much done as you do! huggles

     
  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I love the photo of all the booties squished together. Look at all you've knitted! It's wonderful! You always set high goals for yourself and accomplish so much. Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 6:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lana ~ don't sell yourself short. You are an amazing wife, mom, knitter and am I constantly amazed at how you get it all done AND spend time nurturing your spiritual life, as well. You are a constant source of inspiration for me.

     
  • At 11:14 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

    I cannot get over how fast you knit, lady!!

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger Lulu said...

    i love your hats and booties..
    God Bless you Lana, youre such a good soul, always helping...Its a great feeling..
    hugs,

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home