Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

LOG CABIN KNITTING

Still using the various odds and ends of the Caron Simply Soft I began making a log cabin blanket. The inspiration came from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book. I'm hoping to finish this soon as I don't want to have anything on my lap. It is almost officially summer! With the newly received cotton yarn I'm looking forward to knitting up cloths, but I'm really liking how this is coming along too. Too bad the color is off on the darker parts. Hopefully when it's done I'll get a better picture.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    That is a great idea and it looks very lovely!

     
  • At 3:52 PM , Blogger Nana Sadie said...

    I love MDK, don't you? And that Log Cabin is looking good, girl.
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Very pretty! Great selection of colors.

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger teresa_anawim2 said...

    That looks like you are having a good time knitting this up.
    I think I would like to surprise myself knitting this by choosing the colors out of my stash as I go along at random as opposed to planning the colors.
    Some day......
    I like your ripple blanket also...pretty.
    teresa_anawim

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home