Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, February 06, 2009

A SWEATER FOR DANIEL


My dear son Daniel asked me to knit up a sweater for him. He went with me to Simply Fibers to pick out the yarn a few months ago. He chose Berroco Comfort in brown and grey (50% Super Fine Nylon and 50% Super Fine Acrylic). I had a difficult time finding a pattern that I liked, but came across one in the Creative Knitting magazine, May 2006 issue. It's called Strawberry Fields and is part of the cutest ensemble for a girl and her doll. It's the basic form of the sweater I was looking for though and I made the sleeves and body length longer for my lean boy. The yarn is very soft and comfortable and Daniel has said that it's a good sweater, a keeper. It's so nice to have him appreciate my work.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home