Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wonderful Words of Wisdom


Do not worry about why problems exist in the world – just respond to people's needs. Some say to me that if we give charity to others it'll diminish the responsibility of government towards the needy and the poor. I don't concern myself with this, because governments do not usually offer love. I just do what I can do: the rest is not my business.

God has been so good to us: works of love are always a means of becoming closer to God. Look at what Jesus did in His life on earth! He spent it just doing good (Acts 10,38). I remind the sisters that three years of Jesus's life were spent healing the sick and the lepers, children and other people; and that's exactly what we're doing, preaching the Gospel through our actions.

It is a privilege for us to serve, and it's a real, wholehearted service that we try and give. We feel what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean, but that ocean would be less without that drop.~Blessed Teresa of Calcutta (1910-1997), founder of the Missionary Sisters of Charity A Simple Path

2 Comments:

  • At 7:26 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Your love shows in your generous giving. Thank you for being a good example.

     
  • At 1:54 PM , Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

    I couldn't agree more. Either our lives have added to the light or contributed to the darkness.

    I love your hot pads in the prior post! Such a cute way to contribute to a good cause and have something fun to enjoy in your kitchen.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home