Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Big Bright Orangy Round Blanket

There's just no end in sight for the round blankets in this house! This is the biggest so far at approx. 43" in diameter, after binding off at 620 sts. I used unlabeled donated cotton yarn and edged it with Caron Simply Soft. US6 dpn and circulars are the needles used.
I've been busy going through my material and yarns and have found a group in the Catholic Church (Comforts From The Heart) that can use them. The first day of summer I donated seven trash bags full of material and yarn to this group. Last Friday I donated four round blankets and two trash bags of material to Newborns In Need. Ahhhh! I feel refreshed:~)
No need to worry about me having enough yarn left! HA! I've got so much yarn that if I didn't buy anymore for at least a year (more really) I'd still have enough to keep me busy. In fact I have enough projects to keep me busy for probably a decade or more. A real gluttony of riches! The first part of July I need to focus on catching up with my embroidery and do some sewing.
Our cherry and grape tomatoes are ripening and they are sooooo good warm from the sun! Thank you God for such yummy treats:~P
Michael enjoyed the evening Vacation Bible School last night. He's looking forward to this evenings activities.
Daniel and I have signed up for this summer's reading program at the library. I have only read three books so far (science fiction for me) and Daniel has gotten his "Food 'N' Fun Flipcard" full of 34 freebies. We've seen about half a dozen Shakespear films. Norm and I have enjoyed them but the boys have no interest whatsoever! Too bad for them!
Hope you are finding time to do some enjoyable things this hot summer!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:10 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I really love the colors of this round blanket!

    Summer is my favorite season. We've been fishing as much as possible and currently I'm knitting a set of baby blankets for a friend that is having twins.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home