Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Blanket At The Fair

This is the round blanket I worked on at the Ozark Empire Fair. I measures approx. 37" in diameter. I used the usual US6 dpn and circulars. I actually broke my nice Addi Turbo circulars at the join after I had about 430 sts on the needles. As in any accident the key is NOT to panic!! I calmly held my breath and gently closed up the blanket and waited until I got home and surveyed the damage. I picked up the stitches with my US7 circulars and only dropped a couple of stitch markers which were recovered. I then went to Simply Fibers to see if they had the correct needles which they didn't but had a larger 60" which I used until I could find the appropriate 40" or there about. Last Tuesday after Daniel's violin lesson we stopped in at A New Yarn and purchased the correct size. Yeah!
I used two skeins of James C. Brett Baby Marble Double Knit yarn (293 yards each)(purchased at Simply Fibers) and Lion Brand Yarn Baby Soft for the border. This makes for a nice pretty blanket which got a lot of nice comments during my time knitting at the fair.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    It's hard not to panic when your needle breaks with 430 stitches cast on. Nice recovery. And a nice blanket, too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home