Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

STATIONS OF THE CROSS

1. JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
O Jesus, help me to appreciate Your sanctifying grace more and more.

2. JESUS BEARS HIS CROSS
O Jesus, You chose to die for me. Help me to love You always with all my heart.

3. JESUS FALLS THE FIRST TIME
O Jesus, make me strong to conquer my wicked passions, and to rise quickly from sin.

4. JESUS MEETS HIS MOTHER
O Jesus, grant me a tender love for Your Mother, who offered You for love of me.

5. JESUS IS HELPED BY SIMON
O Jesus, like Simon lead me ever closer to You through my daily crosses and trials.

6. JESUS AND VERONICA
O Jesus, imprint Your image on my heart that I may be faithful to You all my life.

7. JESUS FALL A SECOND TIME
O Jesus, I repent for having offended You. Grant me forgiveness of all my sins.

8. JESUS SPEAKS TO THE WOMEN
O Jesus, grant me tears of compassion for Your sufferings and of sorrow for my sins.

9. JESUS FALLS A THIRD TIME
O Jesus, let me never yield to despair. Let me come to You in hardship and spiritual distress.

10. HE IS STRIPPED OF HIS GARMENTS
O Jesus, let me sacrifice all my attachments rather than imperil the divine life of my soul.

11. JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
O Jesus, strengthen my faith and increase my love for You. Help me to accept my crosses.

12. JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
O Jesus, I thank You for making me a child of God. Help me to forgive others.

13. JESUS IS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS
O Jesus, through the intercession of Your holy Mother, let me be pleasing to You.

14. JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB
O Jesus, strengthen my will to live for You on earth and bring me to eternal bliss in heaven.

Jesus, You became an example of humility, obedience and patience, and preceded me on the way of life bearing Your Cross. Grant that, inflamed with Your love, I may cheerfully take upon myself the sweet yoke of Your Gospel together with the mortification of the Cross and follow You as a true disciple so that I may be united with You in heaven. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home