Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

SOME PRAYERS FOR TODAY

In honor of Saint Benedict here is a litany that anyone is welcomed to say. Also here is a Prayer to Saint Gabriel for Others that is very beautiful.
In honor of Memorial Day here is "A Creed For Those Who Have Suffered" attributed to an unknown Confederate soldier:
I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey...
I asked for health, that I might do great things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things...
I asked for riches, that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, that I might wise...
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God...
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things...
I got nothing I asked for - but everything I had hoped for;
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among men, most richly blessed!
Praise God He is so good to us, even and especially since we do not truely deserve it!
May everyone who reads this have a wonderful Memorial Day vacation. Let us pray for peace. And in honor of our Blessed Mother whose month of May is almost complete for another year I propose praying this litany. God bless you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home