Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

I'M C-ING THINGS

As I "C" things the letter C takes on a rather large importance in my life as a Catholic woman in this century. This post is my humble effort to share some of the things of C that mean a lot to me. Some things not pictured are my crochet afgan, my son playing the cello, an immaculately clean house, or me cuddling with my baby boy, but I will share a favorite recipe I hope you enjoy:
.
CASHEW CHICKEN CASSEROLE
2 Tbsp. butter
1 c. chopped celery
1/4 c. chopped onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2/3 c chicken broth
4 c. cooked chicken, diced
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 c. cooked rice
1 c. chow mein noodles
1 c. cashew nuts
.
Preheat oven to 375* F. Saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup and chicken broth. Simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken and soy sauce. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Spoon into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with noodles and nuts. Brown in oven. Serves 6.
****************************
I hope you like my collection of C!
C you later!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM , Blogger Nana Sadie said...

    YUM. Thank you for this one! I'll be trying it out soon...
    You are an inspiration for so many things!
    (((hugs)))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home