Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, February 26, 2007

UPDATE


Howdy! Carol at Simply Fibers Ltd. requested the pattern for the tissue box cosy I had made for her. It can be found here. There was some cool redecorating being done. Why oh why did I start this yarn diet?! Well I know it must be done! Twas but a temptation. Thought you'd like to see the child's blanket I'm working on. Just trying to fill the box I have ready to go to The Preemie Project. The need for blankets is great and it appears that the nurses are wanting more items in pastel colors for the babies to wear so I need to do something about the more colorful yarns and this seemed to fit the bill. I'm using US size 8 needles CO 54 sts and knit for 90 rows to get a 12"x12" square. I'm knitting three squares together then will sew three rows up to make a nice size blanket, one I'm sure a toddler or young child will be happy to drag around and play with. Babies don't stay babies for very long!!! The colors are pretty dark looking in the picture. The completed row is yellow, forest green, and brown. The middle one will be black, red, and white. The next will be blue, tan, and plum. I've begun some hat/booties sets for our local hospital, the official Lenten knitting, but I really need to get that box full for TPP. Please don't forget to send in some of your best recipes for the cookbook! Well, I believe that's all the blogging my sweet sons will allow for now;~D. Take care and have a wonderful day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home