Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

IN MEMORY OF MARLOWE




Here are the knitted burial buntings I am donating to a local hospital in memory of Marlowe. Her mother's friend Rachel has a blog to share what she is knitting in her honor. I've almost completed all of my intended Lenten knitting, just have a couple more preemie hats to go and then I will focus on reading and praying Holy Week. Easter is my favorite time of the year. I really love Litany to the Saints. It's great to know there are so many who have gone through the rigors of making it to official sainthood. I love learning about their lives and how they carried their crosses. Too bad they don't get the kind of press the Hollywood royalty do today. The saints are so much more edifying!


4 Comments:

  • At 6:18 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    What a lovely gift for the parents of the little ones and also for Marlowe's family. Thanks for the link to Rachel's blog. I didn't know she had started one. I believe she is a friend of Marlowe's mom.

     
  • At 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    They are beautiful, Lana. Thank you for always thinking of others first ~ it’s a tangible sign of God’s presence and grace among us.

     
  • At 6:30 PM , Blogger Micki said...

    I had no idea what it was and I thank you for your sharing what you do. You have a very generous heart. Great colors too.

     
  • At 8:13 PM , Blogger Lulu said...

    you do such beautiful work...It will be much apreciated..
    hugs,

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home