Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

COLA BREAK

Having a bit of a headache with the technology. Amused with the sublime and the silly.
Thanksgiving was nice in that all of my DH's brothers and sisters were present as well as the newest additions Cody (about a month old) and Tori (two weeks to the day old). The fly was that the woman one of his brothers' is living with was drunk, a liar, and controlling. My brother is an alcoholic and it's been a very long time since I've had to be around anyone like that. It really did disturb me quite a bit. It wasn't my home and wasn't my place to say much of anything but be polite. It really is no surprise that I suffered such dangerously high blood pressure at such a young age. When you are in a situation that you know is unhealthy but are unable to do anything to remove yourself from or change the situation then the pressure really builds. I will not ever be able to claim perfection, but it is physically, emotionally and spiritually hurtful to see someone you love and care deeply about make such terrible and deadly choices. It only gets worse when they abuse you and are allowed to do so even when those who are supposed to be in control let it occur. Anyways, I'm sure I'm rambling and I really can't go into details. It was just a difficult afternoon personally and my poor hubby (many from his work too we found out)was up all night in the bathroom with either the flu or food poisoning from the pot luck he had at work. Michael became ill on Saturday poor baby! Luckily we weren't on the road when this occurred. So far no one else has been ill, but I've been very careful about what I've put in my system. Wish I could show you some of the things I've been working on, but I don't have enough techno-know-how.
We are planning to get the small tree up and the Advent wreath too tonight.
If you are interested in making a holy hour on December 8, check out the post Esther has up. God knows we need to make room for more holiness in our lives.
It's almost time to change the calendar. Time to think about how we can put our time and talent to good use again. I'm sure that 2008 will be one where I'd like to get caught up in my personal knitting, and get more reading done. That's just the start. Well, here's a cheers to good knitting, good thoughts, and good works!
Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. My feet are feeling a bit better, but still no word from the dr. If no word by the end of the week I'll call him.
Have a wonderful rest of the week:~D

6 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    Still praying for you! I think we will put up our tree this weekend.

     
  • At 1:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Been reading your blog for a few weeks now. Sorry that you are not well, I do hope things improve soon. Prayers are said for you and your family here in U.K.
    Moira x

     
  • At 5:19 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Sorry to hear your holiday was stressful. Family gatherings can be hard -- they are not always the people we would choose to spend time with, are they?

    Hope you're feeling better soon. Prayers for you.

     
  • At 6:08 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Hopefully your brother-in-law will not stay with a woman like that for long. It's surprising the doctor has not called you yet. I'm glad you are a little better.

     
  • At 6:26 PM , Blogger Micki said...

    Oh dear...food poisoning is horrible. Poor hubby! And you, still in pain...I'm sorry and will ask whoever is the sait for feet to come to your rescue.

     
  • At 6:27 PM , Blogger Micki said...

    Make that....I'll ask whoever is the SAINT for feet. :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home