Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

DONATION DAY





Today Daniel and I went to get the a/c fixed in the car and then we found our local chapter of Newborns In Need. We donated the preemie hat/bootie sets, the ripple blanket and the log cabin blanket. I'll make up a burial bunting and see if they like that too. There's a tremendous variety of items they could use!!! One of the ladies there gave us a tour and it's VERY impressive. It's such a wonderful thing to have such a group of dedicated volunteers help so many families here in the Ozarks:~D
I really loved being a part of The Preemie Project, which is headquartered in Iowa, and now they've reached the point where they have a lot more local involvement so I feel I can focus my knitting to my local Newborns In Need.
I'm working on more cloths (along with Mischelle, you go girl!) and on another log cabin blanket. The stash may be getting down but there's still so much of it!!!
Thanks all for the wonderful comments on my donations! I know I make a lot of the same things but it's a small way to give back since God has blessed us so richly! I've also got another project on the needles that I'll show you soon. Can you say knitting addiction?;^P

3 Comments:

  • At 6:04 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I enjoy seeing all the things you knit for others. I have also been donating locally. The group I'm knitting for now is just getting started. Many of ladies are brand new to knitting, so that's fun too.

     
  • At 7:42 AM , Blogger Nana Sadie said...

    You're such a lovely person, and so generous with your time and energies...I know your local groups just treasure you!
    LOVE the knits! And knitting addiction? Well, there could be so much worse, ya know?
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Blogger MiscKnits said...

    Did Newborns in Need say what they were most in need of? Just wondering - I might try to work something up for them sometime - they are very near my house.

    I have six washcloths!!! I am in washcloth mode - I find they are the project I turn to when I need to do thinking/prayer type knitting - do you know what I mean? For some reason I find them soothing. I should have no problem whipping up six more before the end of the month as I have a lot of prayers as of late!

    Your work brightens my day and many others I'm sure.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home