Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A SHORT VISIT TO BRANSON


We took advantage of #1 son going camping with some friends to take the younger kids to Branson to spend the night and saw the Jim Stafford show. Norm and I had seen him about ten years ago and he still has a wonderful show that makes you feel good just to be there. Everyone had a fun time. In fact, Jim is 64 and still can put on a mighty fine show! He also has a 15 year old son and an 11 year old daughter that are a part of the act.
If you are planning a trip to Branson, just remember that "Branson is an old Indian word for bumper to bumper!" No foolin'! Sunday morning the traffic is at an almost stand still heading out of town and it's the same after the shows. Why not stay another day and see another show. Of all the shows I've seen they've all been top notch and worth every penny.
Knitting on some cloths and on a new project for someone at Norm's work. Hope to have some knitting pics soon.
Spent today with Daniel getting his spacers put back in, washing Eric's pillow and sleeping bag at the laundry mat(prime knitting time), getting copies made at the library, and doing various other chores. Can you believe July is almost over? I'm feeling like I'm spinning my wheels and getting no where. So glad we got to have our mini vacation, but I'm also feeling worn out.
Ya'll take it easy, 'cause it's HOTout there!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Sounds like fun, except the part about the traffic jam. Summer is flying by too fast for me.

     
  • At 8:48 AM , Blogger knitalittle said...

    Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

     
  • At 10:01 AM , Blogger MiscKnits said...

    I love the Jim Stafford show! I've been twice and I always recommend that one to new Branson show-goers!

    I have 11 and 3/4 washcloths ready! I will finish the remaining 25% of the last one tonight!

    July has been a crazy month and I will be glad when it's over! Summer has flown too quickly - I have yet to do anything with my kids. I feel guilt!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home