Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Diversions


This week has been about doing new things in order to break up the constant knitting on pads. At top we have some embroidery that can be done once a month to break things up. At bottom is the beginning of a scarf for The Red Scarf Project. I also wound some red Cascade 220 into balls for another scarf for them. There's also a baby blanket I've started but I want to wait til I've completed it before I share. So hard to believe we are 2/3's of the way into the month of January so far. I have a feeling this year will zoom by. I foresee a lot of knitting, embroidery and sewing along with some cross stitching and who-knows-what ahead for this particular year. It's just such a wonderful feeling to know what you work at with your hands can mean something wonderful for others.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I imagine the knitted pads can become monotonous. Good idea to work on others things at the same time.

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

    What beautiful embroidery ~ I always enjoy seeing that this is still practiced and enjoyed :)

    Please know how much I appreciate your words of comfort.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home