Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

SIX WEIRD THINGS ABOUT ME...A MEME

Tammy has passed this meme to me so here it goes:
1. I was born on a Friday the 13th, but am not superstitious.

2. My college roomie Becky used to tell me I sang in my sleep. My hubby says I sit up in my sleep (probably knitting:~D)

3. Met my hubby through the newspaper intro ads.

4. My hubby and I practice Natural Family Planning. In a poll we once read said that a sad 4% of US Catholics actually practice!

5. A few years back I heard a voice clearly say Matthew 8:15 and awakened me. I looked it up and it says "So He (Jesus) touched her (Peter's mother-in-law) hand, and the fever left her. And she arose and served them." I take it to mean that Jesus is there for me any time and I need to focus on serving Him and my fellow brothers and sisters.

6. I have kept the first cookbook I ever got from Scholastic Books. I think it was in 4th grade. A cookie cookbook. A cookie recipe for every month, YUM!!!
I won't tag anyone. If you'd like to do this just leave a comment and I'll come visit:D

6 Comments:

  • At 3:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awesome #5! Yes, He is there for each of us!

    I may have to take a look at the cookbook - I remember a sugar cookie recipe from one of those books that was awesome, and it's been lost to me for years!

     
  • At 8:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good for you on the NFS,Lana. God is blessing you each and every day for your willingness and your openness, not the least of which is to see your faithfulness. Thank you for your example.

    I love the pumpkin-colored scarf in your previous post!

     
  • At 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ... oops -- I meant "NFP"! My brain is ready for bed, I guess. :-p

     
  • At 10:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I enjoyed reading and learning more about you Lana!

     
  • At 2:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I especially liked #5 and that you were able to discern what the verse meant for you. That is sometimes (usually!) hard for me.

     
  • At 6:22 PM , Blogger Micki said...

    How interesting that you met your husband through the newspaper. I love the idea that the Lord can work through the print medium.
    Come check me out....I don't talk a lot but mainly show holy cards.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home