Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

8 RANDOM FACTS MEME

Barbara tagged me for this meme. Hope you enjoy finding out some things about this old gal:~D
1. I'm the eldest and only daughter. My brother Jody is 17 months younger and my baby brother Jimmy Lee was born very prematurely in July of 1968. Medical science wasn't what it is today and my parents donated his body to science. I feel that in some small way he has helped my babies survive.
2. I was raised around mostly boys. My cousin Bruce who is a year older than me lived up the street with his sister who was a couple of years older than him, so she didn't have too much to do with us after awhile. There was a boy just up the street from Bruce that we played with too. I'm more comfortable around guys, so I'm ok with having just boys.
3. I love chickens!! Not just to eat. My grandma raised them for years. One time she brought in a baby chick and held it to our ears to wake us up. She had three hen houses and it was fun to find eggs. If you ever get the chance to watch chickens they will provide you with hours of good entertainment.
4. I love the color green and purple comes a close second. I dress and decorate in mostly red, white and blues.
5. I was a student librarian in high school, did some volunteer work in our public library, and did a semester of work/study at the University library shelving books during my third, and last, year.
6. My grandma couldn't just sit either. She usually pieced on quilts or did embroidery. I'm the same way. I need to have something productive to do.
7. I am a decendant of Daniel Boone's youngest son Nathaniel.
8. I love looking at art and fashion magazines though I dress conservatively. It is just fun and interesting to see what other people think is cool to wear. I really like Project Runway though I don't know how it will be without Tim Gunn as a guiding guru.

Well, there you have it. I won't tag anyone but if you want to play then please leave a message and I'll come visit.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home