Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, June 04, 2007

ANOTHER MONDAY

Well folks, I wish I had taken a photo, but it's even hard for me to believe. Here's what happened...a couple of Saturdays ago Norm bought a new bigger clothsline to replace the one damaged in the ice storm. It didn't quite fit, but he sawed off a bit and it was good as new, even better. Well the following Friday we had some storms pass through and we heard the longest thunder roll we'd ever heard. What do you think happened? A limb may have been hit by lightning and fell on the new clothsline. Less than a week it was up. What is up with that?!! Anyways, Norm managed to get it straightened up and it works just fine. There are still dead limbs hanging from the trees and none of them fell down. The wind wasn't that strong so I'm thinking lightning must have hit. It's a pretty big limb full of leaves. Weird.
Since the boys are still in school this week I'll be knitting instead of sewing. When they can watch their baby brother then I can focus on the sewing part.
I've got three more squares to go and it will fill the box with 50 squares. I'll send it out on Saturday. I'm working on getting some preemie hats done with some left over yarn. Has anyone else noticed that Caron Simply Soft has a "New White" out that looks more like silver than any white I've ever seen. I need to get some more white white to finish the white blanket. I wonder if someone didn't make a mistake and they are trying to "make it work"?
Finally got the "KnitLit" book from the library. Really nice stories!!
Hope you are having a nice day. I'm counting my blessings:~D
ps. If you haven't already, go visit the newly renovated Preemie Project site. The web guy did a great job!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Just followed your link to TPP and really liked what I saw.

    Let's hope the clothesline stays up this time. Do your trees have any limbs left? I guess they're well pruned now.

     
  • At 1:01 PM , Blogger Nana Sadie said...

    Do you think someone is trying to tell you to use the electric clothes dryer?
    lol
    OH...dear. White? Is Silver white? I'm in trouble...I know I don't have enough in my stash to finish my ripple afghan.
    (((hugs)))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home