Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

ANCIENT ENGLISH BEDTIME PRAYER

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
Bless the bed that I lie on.
Before I lay me down to sleep
I give my soul to Christ to keep.
Four corners to my bed,
Four angels there a-spread,
Two to foot and two to head,
And four to carry me when I'm dead.
I go by sea, I go by land,
The Lord made me by his right hand.
If any danger come to me,
Sweet Jesus Christ deliver me.
He's the branch and I'm the flower,
Pray God send me a happy hour,
And if I die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul will take.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM , Blogger Micki said...

    I used part of this poem on my holy card blog. I never knew there was an entire poem/prayer. Thank you for sharing.
    Micki

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home