Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

ASKING

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve...
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things...
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy...
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men...
I was given weakness, that I might feel that need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life...
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything that I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am among all men, most richly blessed!
~Anonymous

1 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM , Blogger Micki said...

    I've alwalys loved this prayer. Thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home